Vetiver Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Vetiveria zizanioides
Part Used: Root
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Note Class: Base
Size: 05 mL
Out of stock
Vetiver essential oil has a strong, earthy, woodsy and somewhat smoky aromatic. The oil is extracted from the roots of the grass and is known for its soothing and calming properties. The grass is then used for woven articles such as baskets and matting. Vetiver is a powerful essential oil and a small amount can make a large aromatic impact. It is used for applications in massage therapy, skin care production and as a base note in perfumery.
- Diffuse vetiver to promote a feeling of calmness.*
- Add a few drops to bath water for a relaxing moment.
- Add vetiver to a moisturizing carrier oil and massage into dry skin.
- Add a few drops to a roller bottle and apply when needed for emotional support.*
- Add a few drops to your favorite aroma jewelry or personal care product.
- Dilute vetiver in a carrier oil of 2-4% for topical application.
Dilute essential oils appropriately in a carrier oil before topical application. May cause skin irritation. Patch test a small skin area with diluted oil prior to use. Avoid eye and mucous membrane contact. External use only. Basic Earth Essentials does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless you are working with a qualified health practitioner trained in the use of Clinical Essential Oil Therapy. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
|Dimensions||1 × 1 × 2.2 in|
Basic Earth Essentials